Lori and Dan - No Fixed Address

Lori and Dan travel the world living out of backpacks looking for God knows what!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Un-belizeable


We left Edmonton and Calgary very cold and arrived in Dallas. Lori loves this picture of me as a cowgirl.....

We left Dallas the next day for Belize City, land of the single short runway. The pilot did an admirable job of not killing us. Belize City is not the most desireable of places to hang around. So we got the heck out and went to Caye Ambergris.

It is quite tropical and beautiful and we're having a great time. No bugs yet! Tomorrow we're going to do some snorkeling and see the manatees and sea-horses.

Belize is freakin expensive.

The view from our hotel's balcony (below) is not too shabby!
Yesterday we had a 10 minute downpour. It was quite fantastic. Thankfully it didn't turn into the hurricane Lori hoped it would....

I'm having troubles spelling and reading this spanish computer. So, we're off into the rain that just started up again.

Stay dry!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you two were flying to Belize, I thought of you while I was sitting in a class room writing an exam. Curse you.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 10:38:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad everyone lived through the airport's short runway experience! ;)

Enjoy the snorkeling and that beautiful view!

- Karin

Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:37:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

howdy!
I hope you bought that hat dan.. fetching.
As I was searching to find you two something to do in Caye Ambergris, I found the perfect couple to teach you to dive (unless you already know...)
http://grumpyandhappy.com/
I want to see some pictoral evidence of any underwater adventures.
cheers
michelle

Sunday, November 05, 2006 1:06:00 a.m.  
Blogger Fish said...

Hey Michelle, sorry, we are sadly no longer in Caye Ambergris. Our next major destination is Antigua.

No hat purchase...sadly.

Sunday, November 05, 2006 12:25:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You stud. And you didn't buy the hat? Tsk tsk... :)

Nice view from the hotel!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 2:14:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes, you barely started and already had several brushes with near death experiences! By the way we did NOT receive the heat you sent up this way. Hope you enjoyed petting the sea cows with your snorkels as much as we did (some thousands of years ago when we were your shape and age). Try to keep out of trouble. Enjoy! Ken

Saturday, November 11, 2006 9:12:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home